Solution and Implementation:
Infrastructure Deployment:We defined the "deploy-infrastructure" job, which utilized AWS CloudFormation templates to deploy our required infrastructure. This ensured consistent and reproducible deployments.
Rollback on Failure:The "destroy-environment" job was implemented to handle rollbacks by tearing down cloud resources if any deployment stage failed. This ensured that we maintain a clean environment in case of errors.
Frontend and Backend Build and Test:Our frontend, built on React.js and Next.js, and backend, powered by Solidity and Hardhat for smart contracts, underwent thorough building and testing using tools like Cypress for frontend testing.
Continuous Deployment:Applying CI/CD principles, we automated the entire process. CircleCI triggered builds on code commits, ensuring the latest changes were built, tested, and deployed to the designated environment.
Feedback and Smoke Testing:To receive quick feedback, the "acceptance-test" job was introduced. It performed a smoke test on the frontend site's title, confirming its basic functionality.
Artifact Management:The "persist_to_workspace" step preserved critical artifacts, such as "constants.zip," for future steps, enhancing consistency across different stages.
Cloudfront Distribution:The "deploy-frontend" job deployed frontend assets to an AWS CloudFront distribution, improving content delivery efficiency.
Resource Cleanup:The "destroy-environment" job ensured resource cleanup, preventing resource clutter and saving costs in case of failures.
Outcome of the Project:
- Deployment time significantly reduced due to automation.
- Deployment failures were handled seamlessly with reliable rollbacks.
- Reliable testing ensured higher code quality and fewer bugs in production.
- Continuous deployment reduced manual intervention, promoting faster releases.
- Quick feedback through smoke testing ensured prompt error detection.
- Improved artifact management facilitated smoother transitions between stages.
- Efficient cleanup prevented unnecessary resource wastage.
- Frameworks: React.js, Next.js
- Styling: Tailwind CSS
- Testing: Cypress
- Smart Contracts: Solidity, Hardhat
Deployment and CI/CD:
- CircleCI for automation
- AWS for infrastructure deployment
- Vercel for frontend deployment
This project showcased our commitment to optimizing our development and deployment practices, resulting in a more streamlined, reliable, and efficient Chainlink project.
This project aimed to enhance the deployment processes, efficiency, and reliability of a Chainlink project by integrating CircleCI for automation, implementing CI/CD practices, and addressing deployment challenges. It significantly reduced deployment time, improved reliability, and facilitated faster releases through automated testing, artifact management, and resource cleanup